BC Highway - Road Closure News


Major Events

Big Bar Ferry Both directions Closed in both directions due to debris in water. Estimated time of opening is 12 noon October 20, 2017. Updated on Fri Oct 20 at 8:35 am PDT. (ID# 250899)
Highway 1 Both directions Parks Canada is undertaking roadway rehabilitation and slope stabilization work in Glacier National Park on a 10 km section of highway from the East Boundary to Beaver Bridge, July 4 - late October, Monday - Saturday from 5 a.m. - 7 p.m. Expect speed reductions to 50 km/hour, and delays up to 20 minutes. Traffic control personnel on site. Updated on Fri Sep 15 at 12:57 pm PDT. (ID# -64820)
Highway 1 Westbound Vehicle Recovery at west end of the Port Mann bridge in Coquitlam. HOV lane blocked, expect heavy delays. Updated on Fri Oct 20 9:55 am PDT. (ID# RTMC_15285)
Highway 101 Both directions Highway 101 will be closed in both directions between Dolphin St and Inlet St for the Remembrance Day ceremony at the Cenotaph on Cowrie St. Highway 101 will be closed during the parade, detour route will be in place. Motorists are to obey all signs and traffic control personnel. Special Event will be in effect November 11 at 10:30 AM until 12:00 PM. Updated on Wed Oct 11 8:46 am PDT. (ID# RTMC_15156)
Highway 97 Both directions Closed in both directions at Taylor because of Vehicle Incident. Detour through Baldonnel 107 via 105 rd. Next update 11:00. Updated on Fri Oct 20 at 9:08 am PDT. (ID# 250904)

Do You Need a Pleasure Craft Operator Card?

All operators of powered watercraft used for recreational purposes within BC, Canada now require a Pleasure Craft Operator Card.

Boaters are now required to have the Pleasure Craft Operator Card - Boaters Licence in order to operate a powered watercraft. There is no grandfather clause or age exemption – this law applies to all boaters. Powered watercraft includes watercraft fitted with any size motor – even a trolling motor.

Get Your Pleasure Craft Operator Card Online!